- Abide by applicable laws and regulations relating to working with governments, particularly special requirements associated with government contracts and transactions.
- Be truthful and accurate when dealing with government officials and agencies.
- Require anyone – including consultants, sales representatives, distributors or suppliers – providing goods or services for the company on a government project or contract to agree to comply with the intent of the company’s working with government policy.
- Adopt processes that ensure reports, certifications, statements and proposals are current, accurate and complete and that contract requirements are identified to the responsible parties.
- Deviate from contractual requirements or authorized contract substitutions such as failure to perform required tests and inspections.
- Submit inaccurate or incomplete cost or pricing data when it is required by the government.
- Violate government regulations that establish gratuity restrictions, recruiting and hiring restrictions, or certification procedures.
- Accept information about a government’s competitive selection of a supplier or a competitor’s bid or proposal (unless the contracting officer or agency leader has lawfully authorized the information’s release).